September 10, 2021 2 min read
(For serves 2 persons )
Kabuli Chana / ChickPeas - 2 Cups Soaked 6 hrs
Cinnamon Stick – 1
Cloves – 2-3 nos
Black Cardamon – 3
Black Tea bag – 1 no
Salt - 2 Tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 Tsp
Water - 6 Cups
● Hing / Asafoetida - a pinch
● Ginger - 1 inch (julienned)
● Green Chilies - 5 (slit)
● Tomato Puree – 1.5 Cup
● Ginger Paste - 2 Tbsp
● Kasoori Methi / Dried Fenugreek Leaves - 1 Tbsp
● Water - 1 Cup
● Ghee- 3tbsp
● Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
● Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
● Purani Dilli Chole Masala - 4 tsp
FOR PRESSURE COOK
● In a Pressure cooker, Add Chana (Soaked prior for 6 hours in water).
● In a cotton muslin cloth bag add Cinnamon Stick, Cloves, Black Cardamom, Black Tea bag.
● Close the bag and add to the pressure cooker.
● Add Baking Soda, Salt, Water to the cooker and mix everything well.
● Close the cooker lid, On Low - Med flame cook for 6 whistles. Do not depressurize the cooker.
FOR THE MASALA
● In a chef's pan on Med- High flame, Add Ghee, Hing and ajwain.
● Add the fresh ginger paste. Cook till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
● Add the Spice Mix, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
● Add tomato puree, mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, till the raw
taste of the tomato puree is gone.
● Remove the Lid, Add salt and 1 cup of water. Mix well. Cover the pan with a lid again and cook
for another 10 to 15 minutes on Med - Low flame.
● Open the Pressure cooker and Move the Chana to the pan.
● Add Kasoori Methi and Mix well.
● Garnish with Slit Green Chillies, Julienned Ginger and Coriander