September 10, 2021 1 min read
You will need - (serves 2 person)
2. onion chopped- 2 medium sized onions (60gms)
3. Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
4. mustard seeds- 1.5 tsp
5. hung curd- 30-40gms
6. red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
7. ghee roast masala-3-4 tbsp
9. tamarind pulp- 1 tbsp thick pulp
10. lemon- 1 tsp
11. fresh chopped coriander- 1 sprig
12. ghee- 3 tbsp
13. Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Cut the paneer into small 1” cubes. Marinate the paneer with curd, red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt,
turmeric and lemon juice . In a pan take 1 tbsp ghee and sear the paneer on all sides and keep
2. In the same pan take 2 tbsp of ghee, allow it to heat and then add mustard seeds and curry
leaves. Once the mustard seeds start crackling add the chopped onion and cook it till it turns light
3. Add the seared paneer and the ghee roast masala , add 15ml of water to it and allow the masala
to cook for 2-3 minutes . Add seasoning(salt) to taste
4. Once the masala is cooked and the oil separates add tamarind and jaggery, mix well as the
jaggery will help to balance out the taste . Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander . Serve hot.
*make sure that the curry is not runny and coats itself completely around the diced paneer.
*please note instead of paneer you can use any other vegetables or your choice of meat.